Microsoft, it is rumored, is in talks with Facebook to make a 10 billion dollar investment into the social networking giant. I'll post more when we hear more but we are asking people over at Facebook if there is any truth to this. Most of you will remember that Micrsoft has a multiyear deal to serve ads on Facebook for something like 900 million dollars. It seems like it is a likely fit. This is reported and according to sources at the Wall Street Journal and Fly on the Wall.
Monday, September 24, 2007
Microsoft Investment in Facebook
Posted by
Cutcaster
at
2:46 PM
Labels: facebook owner, microsoft investment facebook, Microsoft takeover facebook
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cutcaster
Do you remember your first sale? We do!!!

I sure hope not...last thing I want to see on FB is a pile of advertising. I believe I'd rather pay a nominal yearly fee for an account than have to look at ads.
ReplyDeleteI hope not too. i was getting emails and facebook updates from employees yesterday hyping the article and the news that microsoft was interested which makes me think they are trying to incite a bidding war.
ReplyDeletei had heard from people working there that for a long time Mark Z. had no intentions of selling and he held 3 out of 5 of the board seats and a chunk of the equity so whatever happens it is going to take a major change of heart by Mark. 10 Billion dollars can make a lot of people stand up and take notice.